Saturday, September 30, 2006

Ask a Stupid Question Day!

Thursday was Ask A Stupid Question Day...who knew!
Not me that's fer sure. I have so many...and I'm not alone!
I am thinking most folks have no idea about Ask A Stupid Question Day...either that or their stupid questions are just too darn important to save for a special day. I think we all need to change that and totally promote this auspicious occassion. I think, starting with the very next person who asks me a stupid question, I'm just gonna say, "Hey...could you ask me that again on Ask a Stupid Question Day...I'll have the right answer for ya then!" Might work...or Gawd forbid...lead to more stupid questions.
Sometimes a question becomes a stupid question just because you've been asked that same thing over and over and over again. Just when you think everybody in the entire world has got to know the answer...along come the one poor sap you apparently forgot to tell. You tend to answer these questions with alittle less patience everytime. Smiling with your teeth clenched, now there's an art!
Then there are the stupid questions people ask when you really want to believe (Oh Gawd Please!) that they are actually bright enough to know the answers to before they spit the question out...you know what I mean...you're bleeding.. someone says "Did you cut yourself?" Your bent over the throne yakking your guts out and someone says..."Are you sick?" You do know the answers before you ask...right? I think these questions just pop out cuz your brain isn't quick enough to shut your mouth...it is too busy formulating a stupid question.
I was always told there really are no stupid questions...and I try to subscribe to that 99% of the time. While the answers might appear obvious to me....I do understand life experiance maybe has not made the answers as obvious to everyone...so in a trade of information....their question, your answer...both parties learn something, altho for one of you it just might be a conformation of how truly stupid the other is.
Hands down...the stupidest question I was ever ask...came from a medical secretary in a phone conversation.
Medical Secretary: "Hi, I'm just calling to confirm your daughters appointment for tommorrow at 2:00 pm.
Me: I'm sorry, there's been a mistake, my daughter doesn't have an appointment scheduled.
MS:Oh you've probly just forgotten about it...but she does indeed...at 2:00 pm.
Me: Ma'am...it is not her appointment, my daughter passed away six months ago.
MS: (getting alittle short with me)....It's right here on my sheet in front of me...Hayley...2:00 pm with Dr. So and So.
Me: She's dead.
MS: ARE YOU SURE?
There's the 1%.
It is these people who truly must be informed that there is a special day, September 28th, Ask A Stupid Question Day...totally reserved for them.
Wonder if one day is enough?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home