Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Whatever

If I were stupid enough to make New Year Resolutions, and I'm not sayin' I am...you can think what you want.....one of them would have been that I would make a half - assed effort to write on my Blog every day. I do enjoy it so, but it has been one of those things that always seems last on my list and I run out of time or energy by days end....not to mention how hideous the spelling becomes.
But I do think I should move it up the list...a bit anyway.
And had I truly resolved to do this.....I have already blown it haven't I? Today is not the first of the new year is it...nor even close...really.
So...had I resolved...here I would sit...not a week into the New Year....a failure! Beautiful way to start a brand new year.
But like I said...I'm not stupid enough.
I decided I would start the year with Good Intentions. And yes, I know the road to Hell is paved with good intentions...I've been there. Yet I feel some compulsion to set some....let's say....goals for the year...being very careful to choose them realistically and promising myself they are just more of a guideline than hard, set in stone rules. No pressure to succeed, just to keep them in mind throughout the year.
The Good Intentions List For 2007.
1. To Get In Shape.
I just have to decide what shape I want to be....and hellya....round is a shape! I have no intention of diving into a full fledged exercise program, that would take will power and dedication...I am sadly lacking in both areas. I did get a lovely hand-me-down stationary bike...so my good intentions will see me pedalling my ass off for say...10 minutes a day...everyday...or when I get to it...whatever!
2. Eat Less Candy.
I think I am making up for a candy-deprived childhood as my obsession with candy is reaching an unpresidented level. Not only am I constantly checking the cupboard to see if we have some...I am resorting to out and out theft at work....raiding every single candy dish left on the tables for our customers...next thing I will be just lifting the whole dish off the table and running into the washroom to sit and eat the entire thing in secrecy...a candy junkie if ever there was one. My good intention is to give it up cold turkey....or even just to steal from every second candy dish ...Whatever!
3. Stop Swearing.
While I pride myself on my linguistic ability to swear fluently in 4 different languages (and tell me that don't look good on a resume...huh?), I need to stop and reconsider the amount of nasty language that flows effortlessly from these lips...I don't like when I swear...and yet...I'm so F'n good at it. My good intention is to find alternative words....and say....instead of telling someone to F' off...just silently beat the crap out of them. They'll still get the message right? Whatever!
4. Drink More.
I never was a big drinker...which is not to say I have not at some point...Back In the Day...been out of my mind drunk, cuz I have...but I gave it up completely when I ventured into Motherhood and raised my children. But now it's time to get back into it I think...not with the goal of becoming a falling down drunk...just say...a happy occassional one. I have friends who can help me with this one...and somehow I feel this could indeed be my most successful Good Intention for 2007! Whatever!
5. Change the World.
One Ipod at a time. And it's working! But I will continue to convert each and every beautiful, wonderful, amazing, uptight, over-stressed girlfriend I have to the magical powers of the Ipod. How to tune in and tune out the world...if only for 5 minutes...of just you...and your favorite tunes. That housework goes faster, husbands go mute, children too, you become a rock star...and life is good...at least till your earbuds fall out and you hear yourself singing...but still... better than screaming. And then...I will teach them sign language so they can communicate with each other...and I know they will pick it up quickly...cuz they're smart...they already know the Captians's HAND signals...to which I say...Whatever!
6. Learn Sumpthin New.
Like...how to work the stove...or cook ...or drive...legally...with a licence...retrieve messages on my cell phone...turn on my cell phone....sumpthin...and to do it calmly, without cursing, killing anyone or incurring large amounts of property damage. Like that's gonna happen....Whatever!

Happy New Year everybody!
And ya...I'll see ya...on the Road of Good Intentions, I know you got your own, routes might be different....but eventually...we'll all end up in the same place!
Won't need a jacket either!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What else are friends for!! I will step up when needed to help with Good Intention #4. Here's looking forward to a successful 2007.

11:15 p.m.  
Blogger Margaret McDonald said...

the best list of good intentions I've seen.
I've broken my list already which had # 1- to make a list of intentions!!

8:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home