Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hauling His Ass To The Carpet

He called it a carpet!
Three times he called it a carpet!
Quilters get use to non-quilters calling their quilts...blanket. It annoys us yes...but usually we never say anything...we know it's more than a blanket...and silently hope...one day they too will appreciate the difference. No biggie.
But no one has ever called one of my quilts a CARPET!
Until Mr. Computer Man.
We did computer training yesterday. Miss J has this undying believe that she can make techno geniuses out of us all...can't say I am as confident of that...but we'll leave her to her fantasy. She so roots for us...we try...really!
Anyway...we are sitting there sucking it all in and Mr Computer Man is using the pattern cover for this table runner as an example...to show the girls how you can make changes to things...and save the original, how to rename things so you will find them and so on.
Now truth is...I was only half tuned in. By some strangely weird coincidence he chose to speak on...like the one thing I know how to do on computer.
And then I heard the word...carpet.
I immediately looked up at the big screen.....to see what he was refering to. Couldn't figure it out...but decided I had better listen up better.
I heard it again.
Now I knew I better sit up and take note. I was completely unfamiliar with the computer term 'carpet'. Was he referring to the template used in the pattern cover...could he mean the actual space allotted for the picture....was that referred to as carpet in the computer world???
I was completely stumped.
None of the other girls seemed mystified as to what the carpet was...as usual it was just me.
Do I be brave enough and ask what the carpet is...do I just pretend I know what the carpet is...then rush home and figure it out...what???
Then he says it again....just as he is placing the picture of my table runner back in the pattern cover.
It clicked!
HE CALLED MY QUILT A CARPET!
And yaaah...I called him on it. Blanket I can get passed....not so much on the carpet!
A carpet Mr. Computer Man....your standing in a quilt shop surrounded by quilters...and you call it a carpet?
I thought fer sure I was gonna be the dummy in class...thanks for the break there....a carpet?
This might be alittle hard for you to live down Mr.Computer Man.... I got a long memory.
But for now...just repeat after me....
TA-BLE RUN-NER...... TA-BLE RUN-NER!!!!
And just so ya know...this entitles me to at least 10 stupid computer question! And I can make'm good ones too!
Carpet....sssshhheeezz!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home